Saturday, November 15, 2008

This lil' darlin' quilt is done!

. . . well okay, except for the binding. But "quilted is close" right?

I ran out of pins and couldn't finish prepping the kitchen sink. So I had to stop and get this quilted. It sure is nice to work on fresh spring colors on a gloomy gus kinda day.

If you've been wondering where to locate open pins for quilting, check the yellow pages or the web for your nearest dry cleaning supply store. Order them by the 10 gross or 1,444 pins. Be sure to specify "open". I use the same size that come with a dry cleaning tag.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

6 comments:

Edna said...

Oh my goodness... look at the bolts of fabric... and all those neat totes! I'm so jealous... Your quilt is lovely too by the way!! I'm going to have to do a scrappy quilt. They are just so full of life.

Edna

Pam said...

I just love the "kitchen Sink" name for a quilt. I guess it is mostly 2 1/2 inch squares and 4 1/2 inch squares - and then what ever else you can throw in it. I was just looking at my box of scraps the other day thinking that it needs to be reorganized and stuff thrown out that I don't need. But if I cut it all into either small or big squares I could make a kitchen sink quilt.

A light bulb moment -- I think I will start first with the flannel you sent - that would be a good idea :))

Carol said...

What a cutie quilt...love the yellow setting triangles!

Idaho Quilter said...

Boy, girl you are going to town on those quilts. I always love your kitchen sink quilts, I wonder why we make anything else.

Brenda said...

Wonderful quilt and excellent advice on pins. Thanks for sharing.

Susan Tidwell said...

Looking good! Is this a Christmas present for someone?