Sunday, February 24, 2008

We interrupt this regularly scheduled program . .

. . .to clean. However, before I take on the dusting, washing, and moping, I just have to share this.


Some of you may recognize it, as you probably have one also. It's a 73-quart Bin full of "strings." Which led to this . . .


After seeing the lovely example put together by Sue Frank over at Mary's blog, I had to make one.

But wait, it gets BETTER! I'm coordinating a QOV Quilt-A-Thon to be held at our local community center. Our goal is 35 quilt tops like this one. (Although, I'm really hoping for 50). I'll post more information about this in the near future. Meanwhile, if you'd like to donate any red or blue strings to the cause and clean out some of your string bin please e-mail me. We could really use your help.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

5 comments:

Purple Pam said...

Your string quilt is great. I love using scraps, and I love scrap quilts. It is so much fun to look at a scrap quilt and see fabrics that I also have in my stash, or have used in quilts. I have a few plastic bags of scraps under my sewing table. I never thought of putting them in a bin!

Idaho Quilter said...

The string blocks are as universal as the log cabin, and a lot easier. I gave away a ton of scraps right before I discovered blogging and all the wonderful scrap ideas. Wish I had them back. But they will be put to good use at the church I donated to. Good luck on your project wish I was there to help.

Linda said...

Great String Quilt....I give up, what does QOV stand for? I've looked on your blog and can't find it....thankd, Linda

*karendianne. said...

I like the sashing on this string quilt. Its restful and warm.

Mary Johnson said...

Wow, that's coming together fast. I need to assemble the blocks on my design wall so I can start another string quilt.