Monday, February 11, 2008

Blueberries and cream


I discovered that this pattern is quickest when using one color grouping. By pulling strips of aqua, teal, gray-blue to navy blue, I was able to work these squares up very quickly. Now I'm having trouble deciding on a border, a pieced border that is. If you have any ideas or pictures to share, I'd certainly appreciate it.

While browsing through blog land, I've been amazed at the number of folks finishing up old projects. "If they can do it, I can do it" is my new mantra.

This small Ohio star with 4-1/2" squares is my first endeavor into "FOP" (finishing old projects) or at least getting them to a stopping point. Don't tell anyone, but there are so many baggie projects I'm afraid to count them. So I won't! I'll just work on them instead and share the results with you. I know you won't complain.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . . .

10 comments:

antique quilter said...

had to laugh, don't count those projects just work on the one you want too!
LOL
I love this star quilt...how will you quilt it?
a border for blueberries and cream will be interesting what others suggest.
Kathie

Quilts And Pieces said...

ooo - I like this with one color. Hmmm, you've got me thinking.... that is dangerous!

Idaho Quilter said...

It feels good to get old UFOs out of my hair. I have many more to go, but contiue to start new ones. Whats a person to do? Love your blue berries quilt.

canquilt said...

I love your description of the UFO's. A 'baggie' project. Unless you were a quilter they wouldn't have a clue what you were talking about.

Anonymous said...

I really love this blue quilt. It' my favorite color. You've got me thinking too...and I know that is dangerous...
Sylvie.

Susan Tidwell said...

All this talk of blueberries and cream makes me hungry! How about a nice pastry-colored border with a little vanilla ala mode on the side? mmmmmmm

Finn said...

Another wonderful quilt San! Love the colors together, and it sure does look like blueberries and cream. How about some square in a square block, maybe white centers with blue triangles to form the outer square, it would put the white squares(or whatever) on point. I don't think the math would be too bad to figure out. Just a thought. Great job on the Ohio Stars too, great little quilt. Hugs, Finn

Chookyblue...... said...

love this and the previous one........so effective.........how about some triangles in the border?????
would you mind if I put this on my to list??

*karendianne. said...

The idea of triangles in the border that Chookyblue posted is a good one. I also like flying geese but that could possibly be too much. Unless you add a thin stop border? Hmmm..

On the fly ideas with Love, *karendianne.

Linda said...

I like your scrap quilts but I absolutely love the Blueberries and Cream, beautiful!