Originally, I was not going to spend time decorating for Christmas . . . Choosing instead to focus on the yard, mowing, mulching, hauling in manure, planting trees, cleaning up briars . . . you get the idea.
Mother Nature has interrupted my plans.
This storm really caught me by surprise. Power was out for 30 hours and I could not get out of my driveway to get to work.
Thankfully there were quilts to keep us warm and food to tide us over. Some folks still did not have power yesterday.
I've stocked up on de-icer for the driveway, matches, bottled water, and kitty litter to put under stuck tires.
And today we'll be cleaning, rearranging furniture and figuring out where to put the tree. Evidently, the garden must wait.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

5 comments:
Looks beautiful. Maw
It is really beautiful. Mother Nature apparently had other plans for you.
Wow, those are beautiful pictures! Here we have had no real snow...we are long overdue! Anyway, be sure to allow time for stitching, too. Stay warm, friend!
its so beautiful! I hope you were able to enjoy it, and not get too cold!
Your snow photos are gorgeous. We are finally getting a little snow tonight -- they guess 1-3", but I wish for more. I hope you had a pleasant Christmas and I wish you a Happy New Year.
Post a Comment