Saturday, October 14, 2017

Definitely blue.

Deciding on the binding color was easy.
 A deep purple blue stops the eye and contains the multi-color 25-patches.

For the first time, I tried an idea suggested by Rahna of Blooming in Chintz.  She recommended finishing the quilt edge with a zigzag stitch, washing it to shrink, then adding the binding to create a cleaner finish.  I'm very pleased with the results.
When it cools off a bit more, there'll be time to sit down and hand sew the binding down.
Other colors await us outside, just a short hike away.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

2 comments:

Christie said...

What a great tip! I'm going to try that! Thanks for sharing! HUGS... and stitches

Jennie in GA said...

I like the choice of binding color and the sweet backing fabric. In fact, I just love that quilt!! I have never heard of the binding tip. Will be interested in seeing how it all finishes up.