Monday, October 23, 2017

Home, home on the range.

Today is my day off, yeah!
 Time for rest, relaxation, and a bit of blogging.
Thought I'd share some of the color sequence going on both inside and outside this part of the country.
 "One Patch" was begun 5 years ago, fully assembled 4 years ago, and patiently waited in the closet.
 From the big cupboard, 3 different pink floral prints were pulled for backing, 11 yards total.

I need to raise the pinning table even further to ensure the top stays off the floor.  It's a BIG quilt.
 An early morning appointment took me to a new local where this lovely
 example of nature captured my attention.  Morning mist was rising in the background with the heat of the sun.
 A long-awaited finish.
 Trying to capture the couching done among the border cables was tricky.
 All the while changing my ISO as the sun was going down.
 But you get the idea.
 I hope.

I'm still not sure if I'm going to keep this one or sell it.  Time will tell.

That's all the news from this side of the mountain.  Where ever Fall finds you, be sure to go outside to enjoy some of the sparkle of it.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

3 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Yay for a day off! That log cabins quilting is beautiful! Love the one patch too - hope you rested up!

Quilttiger said...

Your beautiful log cabin quilt is very, very stunning, especially with your quilting. No wonder it is difficult to decide whether to keep pr sell it!

The first photo of Dolly is a picture of tranquility.

Lindah said...

Beautiful colors! Both inside and out. I love fall. And that border with the cables and couching is spectacular.