For 30+ years I've used Sew-Art International clear monofilament on each and every one of my quilts, my client's quilts, my friend's quilts, and "heavens to Betsy" more-than-many baby quilts. It's held up beautifully.
While working on the newest 25-patch, I've discovered I'm down to my last spool. So I went on line to order more and guess what . . .
They DON'T make it any more. As of 2014. Sheesh, how did this happen. Evidently I missed the memo.
Sooo, what brand do you recommend fellow quilters?
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
3 comments:
Oh dear. I do not use monofilament thread so I cannot offer suggestions. I hope you will find another monofilament brand you can use.
I am so sorry for your loss! Don't you hate when things you rely on just disappear? So frustrating! I use YLI Monofilament in clear or smoke, depending on the colors I'm working with. I've used it both in my regular machine and on my longarm and it's great. It doesn't have the sheen that many other monofilaments have, so it doesn't look plastic. I started using it when I got my machine in...I don't remember, maybe 2001 or 2002? I've never had a problem with it!
I stepped away from nylon and have been using polyester. Sulky or Aurifill might be worth a try.
Post a Comment