Thursday, December 22, 2016

Up on the rooftop reindeer pause . . .

 Santa cannot come down my chimney this year, it's a bit too warm.  However, you'll notice that I finally made and filled Dolly's stocking.
Cannot recall how long I've had this fabric, probably since 1994.  There's a Saint Bernard in the middle.
 This year's mantle showcase includes many Santas and sleighs.  The small sleigh on the far right was made by my father.  Most of the Santas I've made throughout the years.  A few were purchased.
 Including this wee fellow who is hand-carved and hand-painted by a local artist.
Hand-crocheted by my mom around 1980, this poor Santa lost his nose.

When she first handed it to me, I thought it was the ugliest Santa I'd ever seen, but now I wouldn't trade it for the world.  After all, she made it with love.

And isn't that what this season is all about.

Wherever you are this Christmas and whomever you're with,

may you enjoy the spirit of Peace and Joy this holiday represents.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

4 comments:

Quilttiger said...

Lovely memories!

Carolyn said...

Christmas blessings on you and Dolly. Enjoy!

Tom said...

...you seem to have a thing with blue Santas.

CountryMum said...

Such treasures are our collections of Christmas decorations, collected over many years, holding many memories.