Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Getting ready

 After all of this cleaning and moving of furniture, I expect a call from BH&G any time now.  Surely they'll want to feature my living room in their next December issue.  LOL
 The tree is not showing up very well, so I'll showcase some ornaments.

Helen is a local carver who does santas beautifully.
 A resident wood turner from the folk school made this one about 12 years ago.
 My bestest buddy in high school gave me snoopy holding skis.  Ahhh yes, memories.
 Inlaid wood of a favorite quilt pattern.

These are just a few of many ornaments I've collected over the years and throughout my travels.  I try to write the date and place on each ornament, but this year I'll take a more serious photographic survey so they're covered by home insurance.
Sweet Dolly, waiting for company.

Wishing you all the very best this holiday season has to offer.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

7 comments:

Nancy said...

If BH&G doesn't do a feature I think you should do your own. Your living room looks just beautiful and I love the tree in the wagon.

Susan Tidwell said...

looking good in NC!

Carolyn said...

Your home is gorgeous! I hope you enjoy the holidays...

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful. Maw

Quilttiger said...

Your home is lovely, and your decorations are just special! My your and Dolly's holiday be joyous and relaxing!

Marie said...

I can't believe that BH&G haven't called yet - your place looks perfect!

Tom said...

...the camera crew will be tomorrow at 10.