Monday, March 14, 2016

Machines, arrrgh garummph!

This weekend's task involved paperwork.
Files were emptied and shredded, filling 4 trash bags, which were then transported to the kitchen garden.  (Garden worms love shredded paper.)  With only one more tray full of paper to go, the shredder stopped working.  The light comes on, it is not stuck in any way.  Perhaps it's worn out.
And . . . as I was cleaning up the fallen pieces, the vacuum stopped working.  I switched the plug to a different outlet, but still no go.

The hose coupling was removed to clean out the paper compacted there in.   It seems the hose has cross pieces inside and anything fine and clumped together like paper won't be able to pass through en mass.  This in turn causes the motor to overheat and it shuts down.

Thankfully, I was able to get my brand new vacuum to work sufficiently.  However, future paper shredding may have to take place on the porch so all extra pieces can be swept off for the birds.

Since it's time to start clearing leaves, at least the remaining paper can be used to start the fire.  No machines needed.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

4 comments:

Lindah said...

Aren't we dependent on our machines! I just panic when my vacuum goes on the fritz. I can wash clothes and dishes by hand, but HOW does one clean a carpet without the vac???
Dolly is just the cutest doggie. What breed is she? Your photos of her make me just want to get a big armful of her.

Purple Pam said...

Dolly looks so content in her sleep. She does not care about cleaning or shredding at all it appears.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Dolly looks like she needs a snuggle.....

Jennie in GA said...

Hope this weekend is bringing something much more fun than shredding papers!!!!