We've been busy as usual around here, sorting and cleaning out. Have you missed us?
Today I was unexpectedly off from work so the thrift store shelf, spray painted a matching blue last summer, finally went up. The empty candle jars took a while to prepare. First the last of the wax was simmered over warm water then emptied, cleaned with newspaper, soap and water. Finally, I divided and sorted 2 containers of buttons, the age and styles of which go back almost 100 years.
Yesterday's task included emptying some of the 18-gallon string bin by making over 50 6-1/2" square blocks. The total count is now just over 100 and I need 212 for a twin size top. The project will go back in the box, as I move on to other things.
A very dear friend hand-crocheted this cotton sachet bag for me years ago when I lived in a very old, musty house. Today I filled it with fresh lavender and it will go back in my closet.
Even though the cold is slowly abating, as we're hitting 60+ degree days, the birds are still stopping by for peanut butter.
This wee fella cracks me up. He has the most amazing feet that manage to hold on to the tree no matter where he lands.
Does anyone know his name?
Do you realize that Easter is early this year, on March 27th? Heavens to Betsy, I need to get hoppin' with spring cleaning and start work on a new project or two. In between we'll be raking leaves and catching up on yard work. Life in the country, the excitement never ends!
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .






2 comments:
That is a white breasted nuthatch. They find food that other birds miss because they go down the tree headfirst. As you have discovered, they love peanut butter!
You are well on your way to busting that string bin!!
Post a Comment