Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Yard news

 On Sunday it was cool enough to burn the briar patch.
 I've been fighting this patch for 5 years now, both mowing and burning.  Yet it grows bigger every year.  So this time the tractor tiller guy will churn it up.  When I plant my corn there, hoeing will help break up those roots.  That's the current plan anyway.
 This is what 9 truck loads of alpaca manure looks like, 3 to 6 inches deep.  The garden book says 40% compost, 60% dirt required.  It should make for happy pumpkins.
Plants from the Mennonite Market.  Tomatoes already have blossoms.
Herbs from Lowes, on sale last weekend, 5 pots for $10.00.  These will go on the porch in big pots, easily accessible from the kitchen.

If you're just starting this year's garden, do try to get some alpaca manure.  It really is terrific stuff!

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

1 comment:

CountryMum said...

You have been very busy. I look forward to seeing the fruits of your labour.