Sadly it rained the whole way over during Friday's excursion to the Mennonite Market.
The roads were full of water, so I took my time and made it safely. Can you see they've added some new greenhouses. Of course, limited produce was available. I picked up some spring lettuce and a few cucumbers. Yum, delicious.
But mainly I went over to pick up my tomato and pepper plants. They grow a nice variety.
Yes indeed I checked on the strawberry crop. The word is they will be ready the first week of May. Ummm, I'm thinking shortcake like my mom used to make. Or perhaps a whipped cream strawberry sponge roll, chilled frosty cold in the fridge. Then again, how 'bout a . . . .
hmmmm, decisions, decisions. Spring got here just in time.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
1 comment:
How Picturesque!!!! No sign of green in our neck of the woods. Can't wait for gardening season.
Post a Comment