This is the temp we woke up to Saturday morning, 28 and very windy. Biting cold windy, if you know what I mean.
So we stayed in and finished sewing the second Honor Flight quilt top. This brick quilt is big enough, so it won't need any borders.
I threw in a couple reds for accents. Appropriately themed of course.
Now the forecast for the rest of the week includes snow, rain, sleet and temps down in the teens. Thus more wood pellets were required. Every year, I forget that the local stores stop stocking them in January. An unplanned road trip ensued Saturday night cutting into my sew time. However, I think there's enough to see me through March now.
After seeing this lovely idea over at the Country Sampler last week, I could not wait to try a variation. My triangle units are 2". The block is called Dove.
Just as soon as I can, I'll show photos of how these blocks are assembled. I'm sticking to cinnamon pinks and reds. Very soft, very feminine.
Dolly is tucked in for her long winter's nap.
If you have to drive in this wintry mix, please carry emergency supplies. Let's not forget what happened in last winter's January storm all around Atlanta.
And for those folks in Boston, do take care.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment