This is why I didn't glue in the door brackets. Ooops, an easy mistake to make
I attached the backing plywood at the very top and very bottom, using the left over screws from putting up the blinds.
Then I put the shelves in, and THEN I attached tacking nails to the back. Whew, lesson learned. HOWEVER . . .
The door won't swing easily, as the dolly edge is too high. I need to raise the cabinet from the bottom up by putting in 2 boards that measure 2 x 2-3/4 x 15.
We'll be heading to Home Depot tonight to get the rest of the pieces parts for this project and a few others.
I've decided that once the chairs are painted (blue), I'm going to use fabrics I already have for the chair cushion covers. Will use 3 different coordinating prints. I've picked out the curtain fabric, but am not sure if I have enough. That's next week's project.
Guess who is looking forward to everything being done?
On Saturday these 2 lovelies, 3 of their siblings, their momma, Jeremiah, and Rachel will all be heading off to Gastonia to be transported back to Wilmington to meet their new families. Thrilled does not begin to describe how glad I am that my sweet darlings will be looked after and loved by wonderful people.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .






No comments:
Post a Comment