Friday, October 17, 2014

Dollies, wheels, and Dolly


Here is the first dolly I built with an edge, framed in by 2x4s.  Plans have changed and it will now go under one of the short cabinets.  You'll eventually see why when I finish that project.

By framing the inside bottom of the tall cabinet with painted 2x3's (which were glued and screwed for safety) 4 wheels were then attached making the cabinet mobile.

Why mobility??? . . .mostly due to yearly carpet cleaning and cleaning in general.  Of course, I also like to rearrange furniture . . . often.

Where did I get the wheels?  Harbor Freight had a sale on small furniture dollies.  With a coupon, I think they were $7.00 each.  That means each wheel cost less than $2.00.  A pretty good bargain for nice rubber wheels that fit perfectly.
Is Dolly excited about having new dollies in the house?  Actually no, she just wants mom to finish moving stuff around so she can go to the park for a big walk.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.  Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

1 comment:

Carol said...

You are amazing! Look at that sweet girlšŸ’•