On Saturday, a friend came by for a QOV Sew-In.
I managed to get quite a few more squares cut out and sewn.
It really does go together quickly, once the plaid fabric is starched and dried. To do that, I lay the larger pieces on top of the ironing board. Then I spray the smaller pieces allowing the excess starch to filter on to the bigger ones.
The small pieces then hang down off the side of the ironing board overnight to dry. This way I can get done several pieces at a time without spending all day doing it. It seems that plaids take "forever" to dry. However, if they are not starched, the unraveling can get extensive. Also, plaids shrink a LOT. So to avoid hassles along the way, I simply starch from the get-go whenever possible.
Here is BLOCK A, round #2.
Cut 2 - 5-3/4" long
Cut 2 - 8-3/4" long
You can stack strips and cut for 2 blocks at a time to speed things up.
Assemble block and trim down to 8".
Also, this is a great project to use up bits of thread from half-used spools to leftovers on the bobbin. Plaids hide those odd colors well. And it helps tidy up your sewing table for the next big project.
We're to hit 20 degrees tonight. Dolly asked that I remind everyone with outside critters to be sure and provide enough hay or warm bedding along with plenty of water. Hypothermia can happen to furry ones too.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment