Thursday, July 25, 2013

Thursday musings

Awhile back, good buddy L.B. passed on to me some left over triangle units.

I assembled them in a pinwheel fashion, starched and trimmed the blocks to 6-1/2".

Lo and behold in my stash was a clear soft blue, which I cut 2-3/4" wide for sashing, 3" for borders.  Don't ask me why I chose those measurements, I must be branching out from my 1/2" increment phase.

A few of the goodies I brought home from vacation.  The cheddars are in the dryer.

This is Opal, or maybe Pearl.  I cannot tell them apart.  Since putting up their new fence on Saturday, every day one bun gets to run around for the day.  Sort of like recess. 

Dolly always likes to get in on the action.  Even though it involved fabric and not food, go figure.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . . 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt. Maw

Melanie said...

I just love the bright colors - reminds me of tulips.... Great bunny snap shot.

YankeeQuilter said...

Nice quilt...and great fabric haul from vacation!

Unknown said...

I really like the blue sashing. Reminds me of pinwheels in the sky.
GB