Saturday, July 6, 2013
Do you love history?
Ever since I read "John Adams" by David McCullough, I've been wanting to see Monticello. The house, the gardens, the orchards. Did you know that Thomas Jefferson designed a plow based purely on physics, but never actually used one.
He had so many keen interests and abilities and died on the same day as John Adams, July 4, 1826. That's right, the 50th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence.
This week, I'll be walking the grounds he walked and seeing the house he designed and had built.
It makes me proud to be an American and I'm so thankful for the group that helped preserve his legacy.
God Bless America, The land of the free because of the brave!
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You're going to love it...we were there a couple of years ago and were absolutely fascinated! So much to take in. He was an amazing man!
You will love it! Have a great time. My husband says that lunch at Michie Tavern is delicious. It's on the way up the mountain to Monticello.
My youngest son just did a report on Thomas Jefferson and Monticello. I think that is a place I would like to see. Happy touring!
I know you will enjoy Monticello. We went there about 10 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it especially the garden.
Have a wonderful time.
Hope you had a relaxing fun trip. Maw
Post a Comment