Monday, January 2, 2012

The New Year's Sew-A-Thon Has Begun!

On the design wall is the 2nd QOV top being assembled.

These squares are all 3-1/4 inches. The prints include holidays, stripes, plaids, checks, flags, cats, dogs, shells, music, motorcycles, pumpkins, helicopters, trains, planes, batiks, small prints, large prints, and everything in between. A regular cacophony of color.

If you've been busy de-cluttering your stash, why not cut it into squares and assemble something similar. I figure if there's enough variety, it will be far more interesting to look at. So go ahead, jump on board the "use up odd fabric challenge" and make a quilt for a soldier.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

3 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

I have two QOV ready to hand off to a local long arm quilter...goal is to make 4 more this year! Really like how Dolly posed for the photo!

Susan Tidwell said...

I love that word, cacophony! Looks like you are starting off the new year right!

Purple Pam said...

Wow, you are on a roll. Dolly is so cute sitting and waiting for her picture to be taken.