Saturday, August 13, 2011

A teeeny tiny bit of

sewing is going on in the studio today.



Thank you Susan for sharing this lovely pattern. It's a great way to play with color combinations using a minimum of fabric. And when I say minimum, I mean just that. The center bars are cut 1" wide and 6" long. Starching fabric before cutting out any pieces is the key and really simplifies assembly. I changed the pattern a bit and added corner squares to mine.



Here's Dolly playing jungle dog. I'm not sure if she is looking for turtles or Tarzan.


It's cooling off slightly here with a high of 90 today, but 86 tomorrow. Ya-hoooey.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .


6 comments:

Carol said...

Looks like Miss Dolly is having some fun! I love spray starch...I always press my fabric before I cut and spray starch it...works great.

Anonymous said...

Pretty pattern, Sandy. maw

Carolyn said...

Thanks for the link, what sweet little quilts these are. I have some solids that are itching to be made into something...this is perfect!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh how cute! YOu know, I still can't decide on fabrics for "THE quilt"!!!! I'm having a hard time deciding which way I want to go!

Floss said...

Think this would make great doll quilts.

MARCIE said...

Love these little quilts! Simple and darling, my fav!