Monday, December 27, 2010

I'm no longer dreaming . . .

of a White Christmas, just like the one's I used to know
the news radio said 10" of the fluffy white stuff has fallen so far . . . and it's still coming down.
Despite losing power for 13 hours starting at 2 pm on Saturday . . .
We had a lovely morning opening gifts and watching the snow. (Somebody likes her new rope toy.)

There's ice under the snow, so I'm glad I had my rock salt handy.

Some folks get bored when there's no electricity. Me, I put on my headband flashlight and proceeded to trim, fold, and put away fabric. I won't be getting a treadle, but if this weather keeps up, I am considering a generator, LOL.
Happy Holidays To All.

8 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

Oh my, it is sooooo beautiful! Dolly looks especially model-ish in her happy collar/wrap.

Dora, the Quilter said...

Treadles are more fun than generators!

Melanie said...

What a lady in that snow! Looks beautiful...Glad you got some fabric time.... Enjoy the winter....

Finn said...

Ah yes, the joy of snow...I know it well. So very beautiful as long as you can stay home and look at it! Dolly looks like she had a most satisfying Christmas! Glad you didn't let the loss of power get you down. Hugs, Finn

Alycia said...

Oh send your snow this way - but I want the power to stay on, don't want to get cold!

Anonymous said...

It's a shame that you lost power for so many hours but the important thing is that happiness of the dog. Right? LOL.

Pam said...

Happy New Year San and Dolly!!

I hope the snow has gone by now and it is a bit warmer for you two.

Floss said...

Great photos, glad you coild keep busy with out power.