Monday, December 29, 2008

Winter blues

Tucked away in a Sept. 1983 Country Living magazine was this little gem. I've had the page open for quite awhile and decided to venture on to a new project.

Carefully choosing from my box of 2-1/2" blue squares, I then cut 5" dark muslin squares into setting triangles.
It's important to sew the triangles on in the reverse method, as shown. Then trim evenly along the edge of the blue square chopping off triangle points.
Here's what's been done so far. I'll show the whole top in a few days when it's fully assembled.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

10 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh this is going to be soooo cool! I love it!

Carol said...

OMG! I love it! Perfect winter quilt!

Melanie said...

I love it! I'm pretty disasterous without a pattern. No since of measurement...I love this. I want to start a new piece but I've got one on the quilting frame and two waiting in the wings. I'm determined....

YankeeQuilter said...

I love this quilt...it is in the Decorating with quilts book that Country Living put out in the late 1980's..or is that Living with quilts? Anyway...love it! What size are you making it?

MARCIE said...

Aren't the simplest quilts always the best?! This one is great! And I's sorry to read about your bleeding hearts, but it sure makes a good title! LOL!

Brenda said...

You are doing a fabulous job, can not wait to see the finished project! Have a Happy New Year!

Pam said...

I love a blue and white quilt. This one is so striking. I quilt like the way you have it set on the design was with the stripes running vertically.

Happy New Year!

Susan Tidwell said...

I tend to shy away from triangles, your method looks interesting...

Hope you have a great New Year!

Kim said...

It's going to be so pretty.
Can I borrow the pattern?
I'm thinking Amish solids and black.That would be almost as stunning as the one you're pinning. I'm so glad you're feeling better.
Happy New Year!

Kucki68 said...

This is a great design, I just love that.