Did you know that the size of your blog pictures is important? I had no idea that pixel space was even being counted by the blog folks, let alone there was a possibility of running out. Hop on over to Tonya's place as she shares with us some very insightful information about this. Thank you Tonya!
And of course, since it's apple season, I thought I'd share this very easy recipe. Enjoy!
Crockpot Apple Butter
7 cups applesauce, preferably homemade, but a good quality commercial kind (unsweetened) can be substituted.
2 cups apple cider
1-1/2 cups honey
1 teasp. ground cinnamon
½ teasp. ground cloves
½ teasp. ground allspice
In a crockpot, mix all the ingredients. Cover and cook on low heat for 14 to 15 hours, or until the mixture is a deep brown.
Pack while hot in to 4 hot pint jars. Process in a hot-water bath for 10 minutes, counting the time after the jars have been immersed and the water comes again to a rolling boil.
From the book, "Cooking from Quilt Country" by Marcia Adams
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
5 comments:
I can imagine the house must smell absolutely yummy with this simmering. It is doubtful I'd be able to get my crew to eat it...yet I would! ALSO...BIG THANKS directing us to Tonya's post about blog space. I knew that space was being taken up and I'd eventually run out....I wondered if then...start a new blog?! Tee Hee
I have that wonderful cookbook. The peach cobbler is delicious. I use my flickr and my picturetrail accounts to host my pics so I wouldn't run out of space as fast.
you're welcome!
I also use flickr...
What do you do with apple butter? (I have heard of it, seen, it & even tasted it but never knew what to do with it...)
You can also do this with pureed canned peaches for peach butter. It's delicious too...my kids even love it.
Post a Comment