If local fashion is any indication, I can only presume that half the population of Western North Carolina has either been out hunting or wish to hide from the rest of humanity. All you see around here is camo. From vests to boots to tents, if you want to hide it, buy it in camo. Pretty soon, they're going to come out with "camo cookies" for those folks on a diet who really don't want to know where the calories are.
Last Sunday, while I had my "Procion crayons" out, I played with a few other colors. It cured all week under plastic and this evening I retrieved the perfect camo fabric for quilters.
We don't want to hide. By golly we want to shout - "HERE I COME, I'M A QUILTER." Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
8 comments:
Looks like tie-dye to me! Reminescent of the 60s... Very colorful, I like it!
Yummm--looks good enough to eat! Love the psychedelica!
Speaking of which, sign me up for the camo cookies and camo chocolate, too!
It's beautiful! It's going to fantastic in your quilts! I'm so jealous! You killed me with the 37 point buck part! Here in Michigan, hunters are fanatics. They all have "the" story of the biggest deer in the world. Ughhh!
Regina
Just Beautiful! Camo just cracked me up! When I was up seeing Hampton I saw camo everywhere...I couldn't figure out who these guys were hiding from in Starbucks...LOL!
Really great fabric San. I don't think I have seen Procion crayons but they certainly make pretty fabric.
Next time you get some camo cookies send me a few -LOL
Very pretty, love the way the colors blend yet stand out by themselves.
A really cute post San! Definitely thought provoking. Love your version of "hiding", LOL. Hugs, Finn
hello, I watch your materials and I find to them fantastic! How you make to color? :-)))
bye bye from Milan, Italy.
Post a Comment