A good name don't you think, considering how the colors bounce from place to place.

Once again, a close up, you guessed it just for Tonya. . . .showing the multiple hand-dyed fabrics.
To give it some scale, to the left you have 8" log cabin blocks of my next piece in progress compared to the 5" finished blocks of "Pick Up Stix." Now for a border . . . I'm in a quandry about that one. So I think I'll let my brain rest and like Scarlett, "I'll think about it tahmarah."
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
12 comments:
Annon has a set of "Pick UP Sticks" & they are all uniform in size & shape. In my childhood we played a similar game called "Jack Straws" where the pieces didn't have different points ~ all scored 1 point ~ but my father's set was made up of tools, not plain sticks & the fork was a nightmare as the plastic prongs got caught on all the other pieces! I'd forgotten about Dad's set until you wrote this
The quilt looks great and that's a great name for it.
Great name for the quilt! Our pick up stix were all the same size. Think a narrow black border and then a piano key border would be too busy?
Love your little log cabins and the name is a very good choice.
I remember the pick up stix being a uniform size and made of wood. The color were similar to your quilt tho.
I think its a great name for this quilt. I love it! Hugs, Finn
That's a good name for the quilt. Growing up, my set of pick up sticks were wooden, very similar to double pointed knitting needles. The bands of color were painted on each end. I was really disappointed when they started making them out of plastic.
Another pretty little number and with the perfect name!
I agree, great name. I bet they don't even have pick up sticks anymore, how dangerous, all those sharp points! It's a wonder we all didn't put our eyes out!
Your quilt is amazing. I love the color.
gorgeous. love the small size of the blocks and the way that black makes the colors glow. inner border of yellow, big red border! or something... thanks for the peeks at the hand-dyes.
Was it 'Spillikins'?
I love the Amish Colours in your quilt.
I agree great name-I loved playing pick up stix...thanks for the fun memory
Post a Comment