Now Shorty is getting ready to go off to college
and Mr. Truck Part Allocation Engineer is able to disassemble and reassemble the real thing.
For a BIG tin full of peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, this young man replaced the spark plugs (a very difficult job), changed the transmission fluid, and the radiator fluid in his Aunt's truck. I'm greatful he's able to do this for me, but I sure miss hearing the laughter of little boys.
Now I need your opinion on what color to put in the twirly black star at the intersecting corners. Should I go with gold, or red, or change everything around including the black. I surely do like that black though. It's a reproduction print that I picked up at Susan's shop recently. Hmmm, a conundrum. Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
11 comments:
I know - time sure does march on and on - whether we want it to or not!!
What a good deal for a tune up. It's too bad more people won't work for cookies -LOL
I like the twirly black stars and I think my favourite is the gold centres. It will be a nice quilt no matter what you chose to do :)))
I wish I had a young man to do car work for cookies.
I would go with the gold. I like the black and the gold makes the star really pop.
Oh, that's nice to see somebody capable fixing your vehicle. I like the black, too.
Where oh where does the time go? I love the red centers.
Really like those blocks. Very nice. I'm going with Red myself, since you asked, but I think anything would work just fine. Its a neat little pattern.
If you want the twirling friendship stars to really stand out, use a very dark center. Otherwise just the points will tand out and the centers will recede. Since black is one of my favorite quilt colors, I'd have to say all black.
~Joan
I'd go with black for the centers of the stars so that they'd pop. (I had to look twice to see either the red or the gold.)
I hesitate to comment because everyone ends up with such great quilts! But the stars are getting a little lost ... what if you star was all one color instead of having a different color center?
I like the starkness of the black but all the other colors are earthy, and warm. My first thought was a rich brown or rich green.
It's always fun to see other comments. 8-) Have fun!
I like the red centers. Looking forward to seeing what you decide. The blocks look terrific!
If we could all have someone work for cookies.
I like the red best, then the gold.
I think red!
Post a Comment