Thursday, February 21, 2008

Red it is!


I must say, it's been ages since I've worked this hard designing something new. Initially some sections were very tricky. The next time I design incorporated borders, I'll use my EQ. You all would have laughed seeing me pin little red triangles to the design wall in an effort to figure out which direction they turned and attaching them was a whole other matter.

I have an idea for the outer border, but that will have to wait a bit as I think my brain needs a rest. In the future, I'll be offering this pattern for sale and you too can play with red, white, and blue!

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

10 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

This is turning out just gorgeous! Light and fresh, almost delicate in design. Good job!

Anonymous said...

Wowza - it may have befuddled your noggin but it looks GREAT!

Idaho Quilter said...

I love RWB quilts, this one is going to be a classic. I never got into the software, is it easy?
Never mind I don't need any more ideas. Sorry can't help with Aruba.

Quilts And Pieces said...

I"m in for the trip to Aruba! Your quilt looks great so far!

Knot Garden said...

Wow, that's so sharp and sparkly! It will be fun deciding how to quilt the white space. Great job.

Kim West said...

I really think it is looking great!!!!!

Pam said...

I love those little red pinwheels in the borders - that is just the best. So did you design it using the EQ program? It is a very pretty quilt.

I bought EQ6 last year and I am still learning about it. I know a bit because it is similar to the Dear Jane program - but I find it difficult at times to remember all the little steps that have to be done to design a block etc.

Pat said...

I am so glad that you left the red. That little red that you added is perfect. I love it!

*karendianne. said...

Goodness that's amazing! I really dig it.

Floss said...

This is looking great; I really like how the sashing is adding the feel of the top.