Sunday, February 10, 2008

"If pigs could fly, . . . .

they'd eat pie in the sky."


You could call this a happy accident. After making 9 blocks with the white squares placed opposite the originals in Humble Pie, what else could be done, but make 11 more for a second quilt. This one will be raffled off and the money used by my favorite library to purchase books on tape.

Many fabrics were chosen specifically to coordinate with the border print. These pigs have been flying around my stash for at least 8 years and it's time for them to head on down the road.

When finished, the quilt will hang in the library in the children's section for all to enjoy until the raffle ends. This pattern is like Lay's potato chips, just one won't do.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

16 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm just envious...
Sylvie

Kim said...

what a fun border fabric :)
I was never one to buy novelties but wonder why now. I started another pineapple blossom also of all blue fqs I got one year for Christmas. Now I'm wondering if I should look at the clearance Christmas fabric for a fun border....

Knot Garden said...

What fun fabrics in that quilt, and how nice that it will be on public display and raffled for a good cause. I think the kids in the library will love looking at it while it's hanging there.

corry said...

What a colourful quilt this is! I love the border fabric with the pigs on.

Pam said...

It is the kind of quilt that brings a smile to your face!! Love the border.

Jeanne said...

This is a happy quilt! Congratulations on finishing a great quilt for a wonderful cause.

Purple Pam said...

Very bright and cheerful, and it is finished. Love the pig fabric in the borders. Years ago I knew a quilter who loved pigs. We were always looking for pig fabric for her. I am sure we bought some of the same fabric. I wonder what she did with it? I am sure the kids will enjoy it, too.

Lindah said...

How cute! And what a striking design! What a nice quilt to hang in the children's room. I hope it brings in lots of $$ for the library!

Anonymous said...

Because, I'm French, I did'nt know the sentence in the beginning of your post, I will remenber it. It's too funny!

Floss said...

What cute border fabric, this project is perfect use for it.

*karendianne. said...

Totally fun and happy. I hope they make lots of money on the raffle for the library. Keep us posted.

Ms Piggy Love, *karendianne.

Elaine Adair said...

Which one do I like best? Not sure this time. Very good use of piggy fabric! Cute as anything.

Finn said...

I have to say San, I'm sitting here and having a really good giggle over your Flying Pigs..way too cute for words...*VBS* What is tickling my funny bone is how "hooked" you are on this pattern.
I didn't even give it two thoughts when you asked about my Yuletide Blossoms, but I should have known...LOL
It's wonderful....just wonderful! And for a great cause too! Way to go! Hugs, Finn

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

I absolutely love the colours in this quilt.

Feel free to stop by my own blog and leave a comment.

Keep up the great work.

Holly said...

I love your Humble Pie quilts. They are so colorful and cheerful.