.jpg)
Thank you so much Mary for your kind assistance with my header. Unfortunately, the blog elves will not allow me to list my title also.
This picture is for those of you wanting to see the entire quilt. The title is Kitchen Sink, #1 in the series.
The 4-patches are made with 2" squares, then trimmed down to 3-1/4". The light and dark fabrics consist of many donated, old, very ugly, or otherwise unloved fabric. For fun, I threw in any leftover blocks that could be trimmed down to 3-1/4". It is backed in flannel that I bought through the Hancocks of Paducah catalog about 5 years ago. If you make a kitchen sink of your own, I would love to see a picture of it. It's a very liberating pattern because you throw in, "everything but the kitchen sink."
In stitches . . . .
5 comments:
Hi San, I love your Kitchen Sink! It's quite amazing with all those different and somewhat ugly fabrics in there...LOL.
I've not made anything similar to that, and I think I'm going to have to..*VBG*
You know me and scraps...LOL, and I do have a TON of 2" strips that would love to come out and play.
Great job! Hugs, Finn
This quilt looks like it belongs at a picnic... with little ones napping on it...Just beautiful...
I am in LOVE with this quilt . thank you so much for your inspiration!
I'm way behind on my reading but if blogger won't let you place your blog name along with the photo you can do it in a graphics program and then post the photo. That's what I did with the HeartStrings blog and website and you have more choices about font size and color also.
http://heartstringsquiltproject.blogspot.com/
If you still haven't gotten your title ontop of the photo, I'd used Picasa on the photo first..text in the title on top of your photo...then repost the photo for your header. Best of luck! Great quilts, love your blog!!!I'm glad Finn kept telling me to check your quilts out. I love your sense of freedom!
Post a Comment