I don't know about you all, but I simply adore packages. That has not changed from the very first time I went off to college and ordered seed catalogs (they were actually free then) from every vendor who offered one just so I would get mail.
I met one of my dearest friends when I walked in to class after lunch with a package. Inside, amongst other things, was a postcard of a lilac bush. A very quiet, shy classmate named GB was sitting next to me and said, "I like lilacs." I gave her the card and we've been pals ever since. And yes, she grows lilacs.
I've been amazed and blessed in my life's journey with the friends I've met along the way. A few days ago, I managed to wander out to my mailbox (it's 1/2 mile from the house) and I discovered another lovely package full of wondrous treasures from a new friend. Such excitement, such trepidation!!!! Could it be fabric? Is it fabric? Who knows me so well that they would send me FABRIC!!!!
And not just any fabric, but well loved pieces from a time gone by including the most wondrous turtle block. As you can see, it was fashioned by a most creative hand. Ohhh, such a lovely gift. Such a lovely new friend.
Thank you Finn.

5 comments:
You sparked a memory. I remember growing up and visiting my grandmother. She was the definition of a quilter. I remember covering up at night with a "turtle quilt" made of that exact same block. I often wonder what she would think of today's quilt shops.
How sweet of Finn you send you those neat blocks! Very old-fahioned looking.
Hi San, so glad you like your little prize package..I really want to see you do a minature crumb quilt with the "little" vintage pieces...LOL, if you need more, hollar *G*
Did I mention I have a WIP that is made of 3.5" MAM blocks from the vintage scraps?? Hugs, Finn
P.S. I came across a quilt made from that turtle block(which was the only one I had, but I know it's made from Drunkard's Path blocks). I'll have to scan it and post it on my blog...it's a neat quilt, would be fun in all sorts of vintage, or kids, or old calico fabrics.
Oh yes, Finn is so sharing and has such great treasures! She knew you would enjoy them!
Very cute, packages are so fun!
Post a Comment