Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Setting Up




Through the years, many folks have asked me how I arrange my work space.
When I lived in Georgia, I moved 8 times in 12 years and got very good at setting up my work space quickly. This was often due to the fact that I was moving on a Saturday and teaching on a Monday. I taught in a minimum of 3 quilt shops back then and had to be able to locate all of my needed supplies.
My current residence required a bit more thought. I knew when I rented this small house it would not be for a long duration; therefore, everything that went up, had to come down very quickly. Electrical outlets were at a minimum, as well as sufficient lighting. For an even greater challange, I decided to keep set up under $100.00.
Throughout the next few days, I'll explain the process step by step.
until then, keep stitchin'!

1 comment:

Finn said...

Hi San, Welcome to blog land!! So nice to see you finally up and running *VBS* The quilt in the header looks wonderful! Now to figure out how to add the blogname...LOL. Maybe someone will tell you if you ask in a post..that has worked well for me.
Love the little patriotic quilt by your name, and WOW...what a neat, wall setup sewing space.
I look forward to seeing lots more of your quilts and of Bonnie *VBS*
I'll pop over to Yahoo and give you the addy of the counters, but even quicker...go to my blog and click right on the Neo Counter, it'll take you to it's website.
And at Orphan Train, scroll down to the very bottom, and that counter is from a different company(totally free) with good directions how to add it to your blog.
The Neo Counter has a free version, or the better versions free for a month. I tried it free for the month and then bought a years worth for $19.95.
On any blog, you can click on the item that interests you and it will usually take you to that particular website...easy peasy!! Hugs, Finn