Thursday, January 4, 2018

Pardon me, while I have a pity party.

You see, I've got severe bronchitis, my doctor has been away, and my mom isn't here to bring me juice, ginger-ale, or Jello.  Do folks still make Jello?
 However, Dolly is keeping me company while I rest in mom's chair and take photos of the wee birds who are ohh so hungry.
 You may have heard that we're getting single digit temps here at night, but thank goodness, none of the east coast storm bringing severe weather to many others.   Susan Branch, I sure hope you're battening down the hatches up there in New England!
 This problem child quilt was bound on 2 sides, when it dawned on me why there was a problem.  The binding wasn't wide enough to cover the edges well. 

Last night I removed all the basting stitching, zigzag stitching, and hand stitching so I can re-do the binding properly.
Where ever you reside during these low-temp days, be sure to check on all of your outside critters, as well as your elderly neighbors. 

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

6 comments:

Quilttiger said...

Aw...be sure to take good care of yourself and pace yourself carefully as you recover from bronchitis. Mmmm, when you are forced into taking it easy, it is a good time to do handiwork as you are doing now! Your quilt looks beautiful!

Jennie in GA said...

Do hope you are feeling better soon. At least you don’tneed To get out in this miserably cold weather!!!

Carolyn said...

Wow, it just occurred to me that as our neighborhood has changed over the last few years, we ARE the elderly neighbors! I hope Dolly is taking good care of you and yes, people still make jello...I love jello!!!

Lindah said...

So sorry to hear about the bronchitis. Seems like it is making the rounds from one coast to the other. Must hand it to you for taking out all that stitching! ugh! Last time I was sick, I actually managed to cut out 12 foundation squares, each 8.5". Yesterday, just as I finished the last block with a great sense of accomplishment, I realized that "oh, those are sub-units; I need FOUR of each one to make a block!" Yehhhhh, so now back to the cutting table with the hope that I have enough left of each color to cut 3 more of each one. It may take some creative piecing. Brrr, you folks must be freezing. I don't remember such a protracted, deeply cold spell from all those years I lived in northern VA. Stay warm and eat lots of Jello; it's good consolation for having to put up with bronchitis.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

So sorry to hear it didn't go away!! And yes - we still do jello - we will have some today in honor of you!! Feel better soon!

Quilter Kathy said...

I'll join you in a pity party with my flu! No energy to do any quilting :(