Thursday, September 21, 2017

Weather update: Rather warm with a chance of hot!

Rest assured, I'm not making light the news on Hurricanes Irma, Harvey, or Maria.  Nor am I ignoring the tragedy generated by the earthquake in Mexico.

Since I don't have television, it's difficult to find accurate, timely updates in order to comment upon such events.  Nevertheless, our hearts go out to all those affected.

Instead, Dolly urged me to remind everyone who needs a break from the sobering news, that it's the perfect time of year to "starch fabric."

The fans are on, liquid starch is back in the store (after disappearing for about 3 weeks), and winter's weather will soon require prepped fabric.
 So we've been starching.  This is just a portion.
In early spring, I sorted through many bins and stacks, pulling colors which needed using up.

This photo shows starched pieces pinned to the design wall in layers separated by long pins so they don't stick together.  The fans are going, so they'll dry overnight.

The big wire bin is now empty and I'm down to one giant plastic container of pieces waiting to be processed.  Slow, steady, diligent steps will see it done.

Having colors ready for future projects makes the time spent worthwhile.

Oh, and I also made 2 quilt backings this week, using up 15 yards of some very old fabric.  Now that's progress!

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

1 comment:

Jennie in GA said...

Do you press when it is dry? Those must have been some big quilts to use up 15 yds. To back two!!!