Tuesday, August 8, 2017

First order of the day.

Clean up.
Here's the sewing room 2 weeks ago.  I've been pulling a lot of fabric to prep and trim up.

However, a total of 6 stores in 2 days yielded NO liquid starch.  It's like the dinosaur, extinct overnight.  Sheesh.

So this week will involve more tidying and cleaning off the table in order to finish assembling BIG blue / yellow, (3,840 pieces).  This was begun last December I believe and put away for awhile.

It's in 4 sections.  The yellow borders will go on as soon as I locate liquid starch to prep the fabric.
A recent visit to the Mennonite Market shows how much rain we've had this summer.  Sooo green!

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try the hardware store. Maw

Quilttiger said...

Your sewing room looks like a fun place. Bet you find long forgotten purchases or fabrics whenever you "shop" your stash. I have, and it is always a nice surprise to find a nice piece of fabric!

Your last picture reminds me of the Amish country back in Ohio.

Rebecca said...

My mom use to make her own... using corn starch. Lots of recipes on the internet.

Jennie in GA said...

The Mennonite country is lush and beautiful. Your sewing room looks like a bevy of activity. It is going to take some space to get that big quilt laid out. I love blue and yellow together.