Friday, July 21, 2017

Testing . . . testing! Yes, this is Goldilocks.

 The first one was tooo cool.
 The next one was tooo bright.
The last one was just RIGHT!

Since the original basket blocks are made using red/burgundy and warm blue/turquoise, the setting fabric had to be a bit warm.

I've settled on a slate/blue/gray with a blue/purple for the setting triangles.  However, now the wheels are spinning further and I'd like to do a bit of applique in the setting blocks and triangles.  Something with school bus orange and bright tulip yellow . . . very Pennsylvania Dutch and cheerful.

The problem is . . . I'm not very good at applique.  Hmmm, maybe it's time to give it one more try.

Since we're having another HOT July day, it's the perfect time to stay in the A/C room and sew.  Here's wishing you the same.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

3 comments:

Quilttiger said...

I have been admiring the color options you listed for your current project every morning for the past few days. Today it occurred to me it might be fun to do the basket squares as illusion blocks with the blue/purple sides? That would make the basket squares really pop. Just an idea.

Jennie in GA said...

Nice choices. Appliqué would be charming. You could always do blanket stitch.

Audrey said...

Love your baskets! Great colors!