Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Decisions . . . decisions . . .

Like the rest of the country, we're under a heat wave.  Since there's no community pool, sewing in the A/C room is the next best thing.

I completed the last 3 blocks of this baggie project and must now decide on how to set the 9 basket blocks.  However, the dark purple for the center is a tad too dark.  It might work with yellow, possibly green, or a lighter purple.

The original quilt uses all red around the blocks; however, I've run out of the original red.

Hmmm, another conundrum.  I think it's time for a fruit slushy made with frozen strawberries, cantaloupe, and bananas.  And of course, some music by the Beach Boys.  "Let's go surfin' now" seems appropriate don't you think?

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

4 comments:

Quilttiger said...

I can't wait to see how you decide to use the 9 basket blocks!

Sandy said...

Do you have any lime green?

Paula, the quilter said...

Wow! The colors in that make the whole thing just vibrate!

Jennie in GA said...

Love this quilt. Looks quite Amish. And baskets are always a favorite.