Monday, June 26, 2017

On the road again . . .

It was a very fast trip,
 Especially since I got sick and had to leave early.

However, before the bug caught up with me, I managed to get in some shopping.

and saw a few quilts.




Sadly, I had forgotten what traffic can be like at that time of the year.  School was out.  Evidently no one was visiting the Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore, the Statue of Liberty, Carlsbad Caverns, Chimney Rock, or the Badlands.  They were all in PA.

I will NEVER go in June again.  It was that crazy.  Not to mention very hot and more humid than a storm over the pacific while paddling through in a birch bark canoe.  Driving home with bronchitis was no fun either, but thank goodness for my GPS and DayQuil.  They got me through.

Will share more pictures later on.  Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

3 comments:

Mayleen said...

Hope you are feeling better!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh No! Bronchitis!! that is awful! Love the quilts you saw - and hopefully you got a little chocolate in there before you got too sick?

Quilttiger said...

So sorry to hear you had a difficult trip, especially so far from home! Hope you are feeling better now.