Friday, September 30, 2016

You may recall this was begun in December 2007 . . .

It was quilted in October 2013.
 Now finally bound and finished, except for the label.
 Why has it taken so long . . . this was the quilt I was working on when my dad died.  Sometimes things have to wait.
 You'll notice I'm including the wonky pictures.  
 There's been a love/hate relationship between my Nikon and I for the past 3 years.  No matter what book, article, or video I absorbed . . . No matter what button, gizmo, or dial I adjusted . . . things just came out WRONG.  Well, except for the wee pup who is so photogenic Iams should put her on the big bag of chow.  Cover to cover, she'd fill the whole bag and look great doing it.
 But quilts are another matter.  Especially feather-quilted, solid-colored ones with lots of black.
 However I'm here to tell you THERE'S HOPE!  See that new title on the lower right hand side of my blog.  The one for Mike Browne?

Well, let's just say this man knows his Nikon.  His tutorial videos are very helpful.  Informative, succinct, not to mention funny.  I'm LEARNING things and they are actually starting to make sense.
Someone's getting tired just watching me adjust dials.  The smoke alarm almost went off I was thinking so hard.

So if there's hope for me, there's definitely hope for the rest of those who swore to never touch their camera again.

Go ahead, hop on over and check out Mike's videos.  And classes.  He has on-line classes too.  If you live in the UK, you can even join him for workshops.  How neat is that!

Just need to find Scottie to beam us over.  Dolly would like the beach don't you think?

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

3 comments:

Quilttiger said...

Oh my, your Amish quilt is just STUNNING! Thank you for sharing the glorious colors with us. This is truly a labor of love.

Colleen said...

I completely understand why the quilt had to wait. It's really tough to work on something that is associated with a sad event. Those things take awhile to process.
Love the quilt and congratulations on getting it finished !

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

Oooh I shall be off to watch the videos - thanks for the top tip :) And hurrah for a final finish - I agree that things take time, and sometimes you can never quite break the association. I deliberately switched to a baby knit that I was making for someone else when my Mum got sick so that I wouldn't have to see something in my house that reminded me of that time. I'm glad you made peace with your quilt because it's too gorgeous not to love!