Since May is not only my birthday month, but also includes Mother's Day, graduation, and Memorial Day,
I'd thought I'd share this wonderfully decadent, easy to whip up chocolate cake recipe. As a matter of fact, it's so moist, you won't even need to make icing for it. Unless of course you want to.
Triple Chocolate Cake
Cocoa powder for dusting.
1 - 18-1/2 ounce box deep chocolate or devil's food cake mix
1 - 4 ounce box instant chocolate pudding mix
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup toasted, chopped almonds
4 eggs
3 tablespoons almond liqueur
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup chocolate chips
(Note: I usually leave out the liqueur and replace the almond extract with about 1 teaspoon of mint extract).
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10-inch bundt pan and dust with cocoa.
Place all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a large bowl and beat for 2 minutes with an electric mixer on medium speed. Mix in chocolate chips.
Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool on rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Place warm cake on serving dish and drizzle with glaze or dust with powdered sugar.
Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon almond, vanilla, OR mint extract
Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a small bowl. Let stand at room temperature until ready to glaze cake.
This is a time tested recipe. If you keep the chocolate cake mix and instant pudding in the pantry, you can mix this cake up and have it in the oven faster than you can say Happy Birthday.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
4 comments:
Oh, that does look good. Mayonnaise is an interesting inclusion for a chocolate cake recipe.
Mmmmm, sounds so good. Sounds fast/easy with great results. What's not to like! May is my month, too. Thanks for sharing.
that does sound good! thanks
Happy Birthday!! I didn't know May was your birthday month - it is my birthday month also. I hope you have a wonderful birthday. I am heading to Calgary to see the grandchildren for my birthday. Hugs Pam.
Post a Comment