This year, I decided not to be a silly bunny
and hop from store to store on Christmas eve trying to find "the perfect present."
So I thought and I planned and finally I sewed.
For the smaller bag on the right, I owe a great deal of thanks to The Pink Penguin.
She ever so kindly set up a tutorial and I made a test run to verify the dimensions.
The bag on the right is 2" larger in height and width. I also lengthened the handles on each.
The neon yarn fabric came from Mary Jo's in Gastonia. If it's not on their web site you can call, perhaps it's still in stock. I bought mine at the end of October.
To the drawstring ribbon on the smaller bag I added a few beads for weight and a bit of bling or perhaps a better word would be bauble.
The interfacing is a fairly heavy one and took some time to firmly iron down. Of course all fabric was pre-starched heavily prior to cutting. The lining is 100% cotton, not vinyl.
I'm very happy with the results and now I want to make one for me, but with pockets on the outside and inside.
Dolly is very glad I'm out of the sewing room and back in the kitchen baking goodies. Even if they're not for her, she'd rather smell something cooking.
Wherever you are or will be this holiday season, Dolly and I would like to wish you joy, wonderful friends, good food and safe travels.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
1 comment:
Good for you for not hopping around!! Hand made gifts are my absolute favorite!!
Post a Comment