Three-fourths of my precious Saturday vacation time was spent trying to sew.
On either featherweight. After sewing for about 30 minutes, the first one totally stopped.
I cleaned, I oiled, I checked, I read the book. To no avail.
I brought out the second one and repeated the process.
I've changed the needle, the bobbin, and even adjusted the tension.
I've even switched thread brands.
You see, everything runs fine, until I put the thread in. Then, after turning the wheel counter clockwise to bring the bobbin thread up, it gets jammed. No matter if the presser foot is up or down, it still gets Stuck, with a capital S that goes with SEW, but it's a NO GO.
On-line tutorials were examined and NOTHING WORKED.
Even Dolly had little to say on the matter.
So I'm asking those in the know, any suggestions?
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
3 comments:
Was it the same spool of thread on both machines? If so, maybe the thread is bad.
Make sure the presser foot is up before you thread it. if it is not, the thread will not go through the tension discs properly, seize up, tangle, break.
Also had another thought-you might have a thread caught in the bobbin casing. That happened to me and the machine would not sew.
Post a Comment