Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Touch of Fall Color

Some pumpkins I grew this summer.  

  
View from my balcony.

Since I've been busy deep cleaning my house for the past 3 weeks, I've yet to get out and about to take any color-fall pictures.  Our leaves are starting to change just a bit.  First frost is predicted for Oct. 21-31, so I'm sure after that the color will come quickly.

For those of you in the area, don't forget the John C. Campbell Folk School is hosting it's annual Fall Festival this coming weekend.  If you want to shop, get there early on Saturday just as they open if not before hand, as it gets very crowded.  If you want to visit, come on Sunday.  The quality of workmanship I saw last year was outstanding.  And of course, it's a great place to buy Christmas gifts.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

4 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

Every year the Fall Festival falls on a weekend that I am already booked! Don't know if I'm every going to get there....

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

I envy your living close to the John C. Campbell Folk School.

Melanie said...

Awesome crop--- quite a view. Bring that camera this weekend....

Angie said...

Wow, your pumpkins and gourds are wonderful. Great harvest. :) Your trees are really getting pretty. Ours here in northeast TN are just starting to get a bit of color.