Sunday, June 10, 2012

Racing into summer.

Why is it that outdoor projects increase exponentially as the weather warms?  


 As you can see, I've framed in the bunny tractor (held up by saw horses), and gave it the second coat of paint.  It's ready for chicken wire and wheels.  The 2 other pieces are the side and top door.

I did a lot of reading and research on rabbits before bringing mine home.  It seems they like to run and jump and small boxy cages are not a good idea.  The bunny tractor has 7-1/2 feet of lengthwise running room and is 30" high.  I used 2 x 3's instead of 2 x 4's so it's not too heavy.

 Nikell enjoys the freedom of the yard space surrounded by chicken wire.  She did manage to get out yesterday and visit the neighbors.  We had a long talk about dogs who are not Dolly and what they like for breakfast.  The chicken wire is doubly secure now and we've not had another chat since.

Sesame is my Houdini bunny and will escape everything but the current cage.  I let him roam a bit yesterday as I was painting.  Dolly thought this was great fun and she and Sesame joined in a game of tag.  It was quite amazing to see them actually play together.  Believe me, I was watching their antics very closely for any signs of aggression.  However, Dolly really knew it was playtime.   Animals always have something to teach us don't they?

On the garden front, I planted my potatoes yesterday (yes, I know I'm late).  And after raking out the cow manure I had delivered, I planted 72 packets of flower and herb seeds.  Some are very old, but it should be interesting to see what grows.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

4 comments:

Purple Pam said...

Wow! You have really been busy. I am sure the bunnies will enjoy their new home. Glad Dolly has some fun time with them.

antique quilter said...

it will be a great new place for the bunnies having all that freedom and yet protection is a good thing

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

The little bunnies look like they are listening to you! There ears are SO cute!!!

pwl said...

The Buns are adorable, and I've missed Dolly! (My own fault - not been online much for a while.) Please pass some scritches all around for me.