Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The elves have been busy!

This may not look like much, but it means a LOT to me. It's the 2 x 4 support board upon which my design wall will hang. It's been waiting since July to go up.

Somebody likes to be in the middle of everything including chaos. Currently I'm re-painting the opposite wall where the spray starch dissolved the paint. I'll put up some core-board insulation to protect that area. I'm hoping by January the room will be ready so I can sew again.

I love my house, I really do. AND, this new furniture arrangement will allow me to set up my quilting table in front of the pellet stove. I've not finished a quilt in over 3 years and I'm
looking forward to catching up with everyone else. I'll also be finishing tops for Quilts of Valor. Don't forget to put our soldiers' quilts on your to-do list for the New Year.

I'd like to thank all of my fellow bloggers for stopping by throughout the year. It's been great fun chatting with each and every one of you. Dolly and I would like to wish you all a very merry and blessed holiday.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

5 comments:

antique quilter said...

glad to see your getting close to being finished with all the work your new house needed and your close to being able to sew again in what looks like a great quilting space1
Dolly looks so comfy!
Merry Christmas
kathie

YankeeQuilter said...

Merry Christmas! Your house looks very festive!

Susan Tidwell said...

Your house is looking great! Merry Christmas to you both!

Melanie said...

Oh- San-- It looks like "home"....Just beautiful. I am hoping you get an opportunity to slow down a little. I read on a quilter's blog about the winter solistice and about how winter can be a time to renew... hope you get rest-- and that Santa is good to you and Dolly. Merry Christmas....

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Yay for the design wall. What a beautiful house!! Merry Christmas!