Friday, November 18, 2011

We woke up to a balmy 19 degrees this morning . . .

and although the frost was not on the pumpkin,




it did show up on the cabbage plants in garden,






and this oak seedling, a gift from the squirrels.



Luckily, in preparation, I picked up wood pellets last night.



meanwhile Dolly tried to hide her disappointment that it wasn't snow . . . .

yet!

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

6 comments:

Melanie said...

I love your photos-- Can appreciate the cold temps. Our pellet stove has been running in the evenings when we get home from work--- cozies up the house,,, Stay warm.

Carol said...

Love the frost pictures! But Oh My...BRRRRR!

Susan Tidwell said...

oh man.... not ready for the cold!

Paula, the quilter said...

There was snow on the ground and black ice on the roads this morning. This surprised even the weather people *LOL*. Because my house is passive solar, the solar gain in the house is wonderful and the heat from the sun is held clear up until bedtime. The wood burning stove hasn't even been fired up yet.

Lee said...

Hi, I'm Lee, I don't think I've stopped by your blog before, but I'm sure I'll be back! Brrr, 19 is chilly, love the frosty images. and, when I saw the picture of your Dolly, I couldn't help but think of a dog I had back in the late '70s. He had very much the same markings (half Shepherd/half Collie). Have a great weekend.

antique quilter said...

tell Dolly we can wait a bit longer please :)
hope you were able to clean out the garden before the frost of everything you can eat...
Kathie