Saturday, October 15, 2011

Today I was invited to a low country boil. . .

. . . and since I've never tasted a boiled country, low or otherwise, I really wanted to go.

Perhaps they serve it with grits (which I don't like), or gravy (which I do).

However, since I've worked 13 days in a row, with several of them lasting 12-hours,. . . I decided that window sanding and sealing were in order.

I managed to work on 6. Some got first coat, some got second. There are 15 windows in all, but the problem is, this clear coat from Sherwin-Williams takes hours and hours to dry.

So Dolly spent the day giving me her sad face, as I had promised her a walk in the park. To compensate, she got plenty of chicken pieces and liver over her chow tonight. And of course a vow that we'll hit the park first thing tomorrow. . .

. . . and I must keep this promise since I'm out of chicken liver!


Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

5 comments:

Carol said...

Miss Dolly certainly has the corner on the market for sad faces...how can you ever resist?

YankeeQuilter said...

Hope you get to a low country boil sometime soon...they are great! I do have to say one of my favorite southern dishes is Shrimp and Grits. (normally I go nowhere near grits but smother it with spicy shrimp and gravy and I'm there1)

Purple Pam said...

Poor Dolly. She really does look neglected. I hope she had a good walk today. Sorry you are working such long hours. Take a day off and play with Dolly.

Joyce said...

OK, low country boil/Beaufort Stew/ Frogmore Stew---the names go on and on.
Basically, Corn on the cob, potatoes, smoked sausage, and SHRIMP!!! Really, really, wonderful.
Love seeing the Dolly posts.

Pam said...

Dolly is looking at you like Jenny has been looking at me!! Too bad we couldn't get them together - they could commiserate about how boring it can get :))

So - what is a "low country boil"?? Inquiring minds want to know.