Monday, October 17, 2011

I truly must protest!


You see . . . my lovely, small town library has cancelled the option to get audio books on-line!

To borrow the phrase from one of Jane Austen's most memorable characters, Lady Catherine, "I am most displeased!"

After all, what better way to share a greater variety than exists on it's shelves. Not to mention save gas, save the environment, save the earth!

Also I realize several local libraries have had their hours cut, which affects their employee's income, and this too is a sad state of affairs.

To quote John Adams, "You will never be alone with a poet in your pocket." Our second president often carried a book with him on his long journey to and from Philadelphia.

And where did I learn of this quote, well from an audio book written by David McCullough!

I tell ya, I'd consider camping out in the park tonight in support of the Wall Street protestors, but it closes at 10 and I don't have a good book to keep me company.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

1 comment:

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

I would protest that, too! Hope this isn't a trend and other small libraries will be doing this as well.