There was little left of the original background fabric, so I eventually gave myself permission to use a different light print.
The blocks trimmed up to 13-1/4 x 14-1/4, a large size, but 20 blocks make a nice size lap quilt.
Now I'm thinking about doing a piano key border . . . let's hope it won't take another 14 years.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
9 comments:
You're so close... you just gotta finish this baby!!!!!
I love your colors, logs w/keys would look great, well worth the 14 yr wait!- cw
It is fantastic! Keep on going!
Hey, that's not old, it's vintage!! And I think it turned out great! The slight variety in the lights gives the overall look a kind of shimmer. Not bad at all!
It's fun to see some of our older fabrics, but my gosh...will they(and it)ever END?? I've been digging out the old stuff too. Seems like a good time for that. Hugs to you and Dolly, Finn
Hi Gypsy Quilter,
Thank you for visiting and Following my blog!
Your quilts are stunning. I`m going to come back and read more about haybale gardening. It sounds a very good idea.
Best wishes,
Dartford Warbler
By all means - finish this lovely item. No one knows you've had it a while! I'm seeing that string quilt under it - could be a beginning of a string border? -- or not. 8-))
Very striking, it will look so great when its finished, don't let it go back in the baggie.
(I sometime have to tell myself this too)
Heck it will be an antique before you get it finished!!!! ;)
What a nice log cabin quilt. Very dynamic. Let's hope it doesn't take too long to get that piano key border done. LOL!
How's Dolly?
Post a Comment