When I finished this quilt, I applied 2 sleeves, one to hang it vertically and one to hang it horizontally. The string squares were pieced on telephone book paper (6 inches, trimmed down to 5-1/2), then set together in a streak of lightening pattern. The trick is to use pieces as small as 1 inch wide to get the overall effect.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
12 comments:
Wow - what a lovely crafting space! Looks so organized and inspirational.
Beautiful quilt, Sandy. Dolly looks like she's feeling better. maw
I love that third photo, Dolly looks so cozy. Beautiful quilt.
OMGOsh - how beautiful your room is, and I haven't seen that STUNNING quilt before - it's wonderful!
your sewing space looks great!
oh Dolly looks so happy there!
love your new quilt...
ah yes, plus the smaller blocks help get the overall effect too don't you think???
Kathie
That is a wonderful quilt, does it have an entirely different look when turn in the other direction? Love your "little Dolly.'
Love your strings, and your house! What a neat idea to put two hanging sleeves on it.
Dolly looks so very comfortable. I suspect muddy footprints aren't even on her radar, LOL. And what season comes after spring? Up here we call it "mud season"! Hugs, Finn
Oh, how I wish I had your sewing space! How neat to put two hanging sleeves on that beautiful quilt.
Gosh look at the big baby! She is just so cute!
Lovely quilt! looks nice on the banister! Thanks for sharing! Cheers!
loved seeing your sewing room!
oh the quilt on the wall behind your moms flowers can you show us that one????
I have one like that started I believe!!!!
kathie
Love the quilt made with squares arranged in a Trip Around the World setting. Could you tell us how you did it?
ladynredd2003 at yahoo dot com
Post a Comment